Monday, June 1, 2009

My Experience




Since I was about 5 years old I have had access to some type of computer. The reason I have been subjected to computers at such a young age was because of my mother. She has always stress the fact that computers are going to be very important tool. Since high school I have become accustom you using the computer to do projects, research and following up on important current events. Going to school has also help me to develop my computer in not only browsing the web but also basic computer applications words, powerpoint and excel. So as you can see over the years I have had the pleasure of using and understanding different aspects of a computer.

In 2008 I finish my bachelor's degree in Communication. After being in the working world for the last year I have come to find out that I wanted to become a teacher. Since I have decided to pursue teaching I have had the opportunity to help out in different school settings. Fist I help video tape a school play. Next I had to privilege of observing a PE class. I learn that you need to keep kind of a tight leash so your kids to not get out of line. My last and most memorable experience was working in a children shelter for kids who come from an abusive home. All of these experience have made me want to become a teacher.

I hope that I learn to be more up to date with the times. I believe that the tools that I learn with help with new and innovative ways of teaching. With the tools I will become a better teacher and will have the ability to incorporate these tools into my different lesson plans. I hope to learn as much as I can in EDU 422.

5 comments:

  1. Right on man, sounds like you have had much experience in the technological world. I only wish Chelsea had that much experience winning games! haha ... good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be very interested to hear your reasons for being a Chelsea supporter! Newcastle United, my hometown team, did abysmally this season and were relegated. Actually they've been pretty bad for the past few seasons. I'm now worried they'll do a Leeds Utd and sink without trace!
    Good luck with your credential program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog! I'm glad you're good with computers, you can help me! haha Congrats on graduating! Glad I have you in a couple of my classes also. Good luck in summer school and in the credential program! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is evident that you have a strong background in computers. But integrating technology in education takes a lot of considerations. On your way of becoming a teacher, you'll have opportunities to define the appropriate role of technology in education.
    Rong-Ji

    ReplyDelete