Sunday, June 28, 2009

Journal 5

What is life today? Many people today depends some much on their phones and all the different technology today. When I was growing up the electronic era was just starting out so I got to experiences two different types of life. There was not electronic life where if I wanted to search or know about something I would have to go out and do all the different research in a Library. Next you have the technology era where everything is at your fingers tips. In the other life we had technology for everything from research, to chatting, online relationship and pretty much whatever you really wanted to do was all online. I do not understand how everything came about. It think if we try to live our lives without any time of cell phone, computer, pda or any other type of device that was use to communicate we would not know what do with ourselves. I have to agree with the article in the fact that we have lost our process of thought. With everything that we have out we do not really have to think to much because we have computers doing the thinking for us. I think that we need to get back to bases but still have the technology on the side for important stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Turkle has published numerous articles and books about lives on the Internet, especially identity issues. If you're interested, check out her work.

    ReplyDelete